Oil and Acrylic
‘Painting is my way to experiencing the liberation of thoughts and feelings and ultimately my soul. It takes me to that wonderful space where I can be with my instinct and dance in symphony of colors in rhyme. ‘
Rashmi Rekha has an academic background in physics and professional standing in information technology and Business management with a deep passion for art. Rashmi never stopped painting at any time in her life.
She pursued her training in visual arts mostly through self-study and observations. She also received first-hand experience through a short term apprenticeship with Ottawa’s artist Nym Gautama. Her more recent work has been in oil and acrylic.
Recurring themes: Social pressure, scientific inquiry of a contemporary scene, burden of wisdom and awareness.
Installations: ProSoya Atrium, 550 LacolleWay, Ottawa
Midway Family Fun Park,Ottawa
CISTEL Corp. 203 Colonnade Rd. Unit 201, Ottawa
Gallery: Kevin Dodds Gallery
Exhibition & Shows
- Mar - May 2016 St Laurent Center, Ottawa
- Jan - Mar 2016 Promenade Arteast, Shenkman Arts Center(SAC)
- Nov- Jan 2016 Winter Mix, St Laurent Center
- Oct - Nov 2015 AJAE, St Laurent Center
- Aug - Sep 2015 Duo Exhibition(Juried), AOE Galley, SAC
- February 2015 Arteast Mosaic
- Sept 2014 `Selections` (SAC)
- July 2014 Solo Exhibition, `Thru The Prism`, 550 Lacolle Way Ottawa
- June 2014 The Lorraine Fritzi Yale Gallery juried selection for Great Canadian Theatre Company’s premier of George F. Walker's Burden of Self-Awareness.
- June 2012 Canadian Gharana Festival(Juried), SAC
Member of: ALO, OAA, ARTEAST, AOE, National Gallery of Canada
- Sketch2015, SAW- Gallery
- Make a Wish
- Transitions - Thoroughbreds - Cumberland
- Child Haven International